datafest is an event management and scheduling software suite providing festivals and production companies with a fully-integrated solution to event planning and management.
datafest is provided as an online web application providing staff with a variety of access levels to their production information whether in the office, on site or anywhere else via the internet.
All the production information is stored in a single place - providing a co-ordinated, synchronised view of all events and planning schedules. Everyone is working on the same, most up to date information.
Because datafest is hosted on the web, there is no need to load specialised software on your servers or workstations. This lowers your organisation's Information Techonolgy risks and costs.
artadata software has partnered with Microsoft to provide the latest database and server technologies. Hosting and data backups are provided by our supplier WebCentral. Access to the application is secured under 128/256 bit encryption.
- Planning overviews of proposed productions across proposed dates and venues
- Detailed scheduling of production companies, artists, staff, crew, suppliers and venues
- Detailed technical requirement gathering and management of productions
- Detailed Artist contract preparation and production
- Artist payment, deduction and obligation management
- Fully integrated logistics management including Travel and Accomodation bookings and schedules
- Production Marketing and Ticketing management
- Fully integrated Contact management including people, organisations, locations and their relationships
- VIP Invitation management
- Corporate Sponsorship prospecting, management and benefit fullfilment
- Private Giving management, receipting and reporting
- Accounting & Finance reports including purchase orders, payment requistions, as well as commitment reports for travel, accommodation, artist fee budgets and payment schedules
- Improved productivity (Melbourne Festival spent 70% less time loading production data compared to their previous system)
- Improved information communication and workflows across the organisation
- Improved management and assessment of the risk inherent in staging a large number of events over a short period of time
- Improved budgeting
- Improved Artist and VIP management
- Improved branding - a consistent look and feel of reports assists in providing a positive impression to artists, agents, guests and other people associated with your organisation.
- Less unpaid overtime for staff as productivity increases dramatically
- Less risk because details are stored in a secure, reliable centralised place rather than individuals' heads or unreliable systems
- At the end of the day - a happier and more productive office
"datafest gives us a centralised source of information accessible to the entire organisation. It streamlines our work processes helping to reduce the workload on staff. It ensures that everyone is working with the same information, decreasing the amount of errors often created when individuals create their own lists and delivers consistency in reports generated for stakeholders. datafest has become integral to the operations of the Melbourne International Arts Festival and we love it!!"
former Operations Manager
Melbourne International Arts Festival
Support & Training
artadata software provides an expert datafest user for initial user training and ongoing user support.
If required, artadata software can provide data migration services from a variety of legacy systems.
If your organisation is interested in subscribing to the datafest software - contact Haydn Smith at artadata software by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed information pack.
The detailed information pack includes a full list of the system features, real-world screen shots and report examples, details of initial training and ongoing user support.
The datafest software would not have been made without the support and dedication of the following people:
Mary-Ellen King, former General Manager, Melbourne International Arts Festival
Vivia Hickman, former General Manager, Melbourne International Arts Festival
Donna Davies, former Finance and Administration Manager, Melbourne International Arts Festival
Liz Chappell, former Head of Corporate Services, Melbourne International Arts Festival
Valmay Hill, Chief Executive Officer, Brisbane Festival
Rebecca Drummond, Finance Director / Company Secretary, Brisbane Festival
The many Melbourne International Arts Festival Staff and Brisbane Festival staff who provided their domain knowledge in designing the different parts of the system including:
Megan Adamec, Olivia Anderson, Prue Bassett, Serena Burchell, Sam Chater, Sarah Coffey, Lucy Evangelista, Maureen Gardiner, Julia Hearne, Crusader Hillis, Alice Lowenstein,
Edwina Lunn, Kara Miller, Joseph Mitchell, Andi Moore, Alice Muhling, Sally Newman, Rachael Papandrea, Jono Perry, Melanie Pose, Jen Roberts, Amber Stuart, Marcelle Tobschall, Alister Thorpe and Tracey Schueler.
Julia Herne (BF), Petrina Soh (MIAF), Karen Lee (MIAF), and Paige Goodwin (APA)
Peter McCoy, former Director of Corporate Services, Melbourne Recital Centre and former Director of Corporate Services, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
Senior Domain Expert & Co-Designer
Adam J Howe, Techcial Director, Melbourne Theatre Company and former Technical Manager, Melbourne Festival
Producer, Business Systems Analyst & Co-Designer
Haydn Smith, Director, Imuse Information Systems and artadata software